Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Codominance vs Incomplete Dominance

I know in the beginning it says "in a minute" but, that is unfortunately a lie. This is quite the lengthy video. In this video Mr. McCammon, a teacher at Pisgah High School, teaches us the difference between codominance and incomplete dominance. This is something I was confused about. He teaches this by using punnett squares and defines and explains the functions of each term. He also briefly goes over probability and the outcomes, which is another thing I needed help with.
Briefly, codominance is when you interbreed a white and red flower and see a white and red flower. It could be striped or spotted but it is not pink. It just has patches that show both of the dominant features. On the other hand, incomplete dominance is when you would see a pink flower because it shows a blend of the two.
In sum, if you were having trouble grasping this concept I would recommend you watch this video, as it helped me.


P.S. I went to his "about" section on YouTube to see if he was legit and it said "STAR TREK: The Lost Generation" aka... yeah, he's pretty reliable :)

No comments:

Post a Comment